- Free-to-Play Kick’Em Pick’Em
- Extensive Same Game Parlays
- Best In-Game Betting Platform
FanDuel Virginia Sportsbook Review
The FanDuel platform started in 2009 before the legalization of online sports betting in the U.S. market. The company made a name for itself in online daily fantasy sports and was sold to Paddy Power Betfair in May 2018. After the acquisition, FanDuel opened its first-ever sports betting operation at the Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey.
FanDuel launched its online sportsbook in Virginia in January 2021, becoming one of the first online betting operators in the state. FanDuel online is now the most popular sportsbook in Virginia in 2022 and has over six million users throughout the country. The provider also has an exclusive partnership with the Washington Commanders of the National Football League.
FanDuel Sportsbook Virginia online is regulated by the Virginia Lottery, which is the agency that oversees all online gambling operations within the state. The agency doesn’t report the individual revenue of each sportsbook. However, the state has had over $4 billion in betting handle, with more than $24 million paid to the state in taxes since online sports betting became legal.
FanDuel Virginia Features
FanDuel Sportsbook has various features other than traditional sports betting that give its customers a unique online betting experience:
- Odds Boosts: Choosing the “Boosts” tab under the “Popular” section on the main page of the FanDuel app will let players view which games are eligible for boosted odds on player and game props. The game’s original odds will be posted alongside the boosted odds to show the added value.
- Live Betting: FanDuel Virginia gives players real-time betting odds for all major US sports, such as baseball, hockey, basketball, football, and many other popular markets. Bettors only need to select the “Live Now” tab under the “Popular” section to access all the current offerings.
- Same-Game Parlays: Players at FanDuel Sportsbook Virginia online can build same-game parlays in various selected markets. However, not all betting market combinations from the same game will be available for this feature. All eligible options will be marked with the “SGP” icon.
- Early Cash Out: Bettors at FanDuel Sportsbook can cash out before a game is completed and take a smaller profit using this feature on specified events. Other promotions, such as odds boosts, aren’t eligible for this feature.
Besides Virginia, FanDuel Sportsbook online is also available in the following other states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington, DC
- West Virginia
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
FanDuel Sportsbook Virginia offers bettors several methods for making online deposits to their accounts:
- Credit/debit cards
- Online Banking
- FanDuel Play+ Prepaid Card
The minimum online deposit at FanDuel Virginia is $10.
FanDuel Virginia online also offers players various withdrawal options from their accounts:
- Online bank transfer
- FanDuel Play+ Prepaid Card
FanDuel Sportsbook Virginia features betting on all popular U.S. sports markets along with wagering on many international sports, such as European soccer and various others:
- Beach Volleyball
- Aussie Rules
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
- Water Polo
Ongoing Customer Promotions
FanDuel Sportsbook always has many ongoing promotions and contests for the convenience of its customers. Players need to click on the “Promotions” tab on the main page of their account to see the available weekly offers. Here are the ongoing customer promotions currently offered at FanDuel Sportsbook Virginia:
TNT Tuesday No Sweat SGP: Bettors that place a 3+ leg same-game parlay or same-game parlay plus on the weekly Tuesday night NBA game on TNT will receive a bonus in free bets if the wager loses. All wagers must have final odds of +400 or greater to qualify for the promotion.
Kay Adams Same-Game Parlay of the Day: Sports personality Kay Adams’ NFL same-game parlay picks are posted weekly to FanDuel Sportsbook for players to take advantage of throughout the season. This promotion is only available for Sunday NFL regular season games.
Give $50, Get $50: Players that invite their friends to play at FanDuel Virginia Sportsbook online can receive $50 in sportsbook free wagers for themselves and their friends. Players need to first provide their friends with a unique referral link. If the friend opens an account and places a bet of at least $10, both parties will receive the $50 bonus within 72 hours.
Bet $5 on NBA, Get NBA League Pass: Bettors at FanDuel Virginia Sportsbook online need to opt-in to the promotion and place any pre-game cash wager of at least $5 on any NBA market. All participants will receive a three-month free trial of NBA League Pass within 72 hours of making their qualifying bet, no matter if the bet wins or loses.
FanDuel Hi Lo: This free promotion lets bettors pick the best and worst performing NFL teams in various stat categories for a chance to win a share of $10,000 in weekly prizes. The closer players are to the actual results of their picks, the more points they can accumulate. Those that get a perfect score each week will receive a prize of $1,000 cash.